Phone: 630-495-2282 Fax: 630-495-2260 Map/Directions

In Memoriam Sept. 5, 2011

September 2, 2011
Gerald “Jerry” Gleason, who owned Chevrolet, Dodge and Ford franchises, died as a result of pulmonary disease on Aug. 27, one day before his 82nd birthday.
Jerry Gleason Chevrolet operated on Roosevelt Road in Forest Park beginning in 1975. He later opened Jerry Gleason Dodge, 7340 S. Western Ave., Chicago; and Jerry Gleason Golf Mill Ford, 9401 N. Milwaukee Ave., Niles. He sold his dealerships in 1999.
Mr. Gleason is survived by his wife Kay; daughters Sue, Linda, Diane and Peggy; sons Mike, Pat, and Pete; 16 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.
Donations would be happily received by Miserecordia, Heart of Mercy, (773) 973-6300; The Mercy Home for Boys and Girls, (312) 738-7560; or a local chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous.
David Ostrow, a longtime Dodge dealer in Chicago and a former CATA president, died Aug. 21 after a lengthy illness. He was 86.
Ostrow Dodge operated at 3030 W. Lawrence Ave. since at least 1949, CATA records show. He later moved the store to 330 W. Irving Park Rd. and renamed it Ostrow Motors.
Mr. Ostrow served on the CATA board of directors from 1966 to 1975, and was the 1973-1974 board president. He also was chairman of the 1975 Chicago Auto Show.
Mr. Ostrow sold his dealership in 1988, and he relocated to San Juan Capistrano, Calif., with his wife, Dee Dee. She is his sole survivor.